0:00 – 6:00: Kevin & Justin Update + Intro
- Kevin’s attempt at ninja training.
- Update on Justin’s gym.
6:00 – 28:00: Reed Shelger talks Wrestling, Jiu Jitsu, and Gym Ownership
- How wrestling in college at UC Davis peaked Reed’s interest in MMA.
- The origins of Paradigm Training Center.
- How Reed balanced a full-time consulting job with gym ownership for 7 years.
- The factors (including Wim Hof) that led Reed to leave his consulting job in September.
- Challenges that Paradigm faced including high turnover and selfish coaches.
- Plans for the future of Paradigm including new recovery methods and more accessible memberships.
- Appealing to the “Joe Rogan” crowd of fitness.
28:00 – 53:00: Breathing, Yoga, and Ice Baths with Wim Hof
- Why a bit of discomfort is good in today’s comfortable society.
- The benefits of cold therapy including weight loss and improved cardiovascular health.
- How proper breathing increases performance and improves body awareness.
- Why athletes need to prioritize their recovery.
- Crazy stories from Reed’s weekend with Wim Hof.
- Learning that the body is capable of so much more than we realize.
- How people can immediately incorporate the Wim Hof Method into their training.
- Reed’s most significant physical, mental, and emotional takeaways from practicing the Wim Hof Method.
53:00 – 1:01:00: The Fire Round
- Reed answers a series of random questions including his best Urijah Faber story (you don’t want to miss this).