1:00 – 9:00: Kelvin King Jr. Bio & Background
- Kelvin’s experience at Norfolk State University, where he found his passion for strength & conditioning.
- How training with limited equipment early on sparked Kelvin’s creativity.
9:00 – 17:00: Working Full-Time + Training
- How Kelvin manages a full-time job with coaching, writing, and family.
- How Kelvin wound up cleaning gym equipment early in his career.
- Inching toward jumping into training for a career.
17:00 – 30:00: Creating Unique Content
- Kelvin’s process for writing articles for T Nation and STACK.
- How Kelvin handles rejection and criticism.
- The work that goes on behind-the-scenes when creating content.
- How Kelvin got his name out in the industry prior to writing for major publications.
30:00 – 1:02:00: Exercise Variations
- How Kelvin creates unique variations for common exercises.
- Where Kelvin finds motivation for new exercises.
- The importance of giving credit to the proper sources.
1:02:00 – 1:10:00: The Fire Round
- Kelvin answers a series of random questions (and gest stumped a few times).