ON THIS EPISODE...
Kevin and Justin welcome Michael Ashford on the show to chat about the importance of prioritizing fitness as a parent. Michael is the host of the Fit Dad Fitness Podcast, which is all about encouraging fathers to live an active, involved, healthy life with their children. On this episode, we discuss Michael's inspiration for starting Fit Dad Fitness, and dive into a few "rules" for parents looking to be healthier and more successful.
3:00 - 14:00: The Origins of Fit Dad Fitness
- How Michael transitioned from long-form written interviews to podcasts.
- Overcoming the initial anxiety to do audio interviews.
- How Michael’s background as a sports journalist helped him start Fit Dad Fitness.
14:00 - 48:00: The 14 Fit Rules for Fit Dads
- Why it’s important to involve your kids in your healthy lifestyle.
- How to properly encourage kids to stay active.
- Why you need to evaluate the way you’re working out, and consider your ultimate goal.
- Which supplements actually work, and which are just marketing BS.
48:00 - 55:00: Michael’s Upcoming Book
- Michael’s goal to guide men to more involved and selfless lives.
- Why the 4 P’s (purpose, people, passion, profession) need to be aligned to live a better life.
- The process of writing a book.
55:00 - 1:05:00: The Fire Round
- Michael answers a few rapid fire questions including his favorite TV dad and his favorite podcast guest.