2:00 – 40:00: Why Fitness Isn’t One Size Fits All
- Workout and nutrition plans may be “good”, but not good for you.
- Lifestyle differences is the most important factor.
- Career obligations, family situations, stress, sleep, etc. play a huge role in the success of a certain plan and overall health.
- A program should always add to your life, not take away from it.
- Different programs and methods are required for specific goals.
- Clearly define your goal and find a program that will accomplish it.
- Your history should always be taken into account. Physical injuries and mental hurdles play a huge role in program effectiveness.
- Food allergies and sensitivities may make certain “good” foods dangerous and unhealthy for you. Listen to your body!
- PRINCIPLES > METHODS
- Big picture principles may be the same person to person, but individual methods should be specific to you.
40:00 – 51:00: How to Find a Program That Works For You
- Find someone with a similar lifestyle and similar goals who has found success and ask what they’re doing.
- Find a mentor or coach that you trust who can develop a program specifically for you.
- Find something that you enjoy which you can do consistently (like Jazzercise).
- Find a program that IMPROVES your quality of life, not HINDERS it.
51:00 – 1:10:00: Buy Or Sell
- Subjects include crossfit, Lavar Ball, ketchup, Halo Top Ice Cream, and Game of Thrones.
*Note: We referenced xylitol in Halo Top Ice Cream, but meant to say erythritol.