4:00 – 8:00: Mitch Gill Bio & Background
- Mitch’s path to becoming the head Athletic Trainer and Strength & Conditioning Coach at Dacula High School in Atlanta, GA.
8:00 – 20:00: Common Trends in High School Athlete Preparation
- The issues with early sport specialization.
- How neglecting the basics can get kids hurt.
- Why body awareness is key for young athletes.
- Should kids train to a 1 rep max?
- Why overuse injuries such as patellar tendinitis are at an all-time high.
20:00 – 45:00: Combining Athletic Training with Strength & Conditioning
- How Mitch got his opportunity to coach strength & conditioning.
- The benefit of having an athletic training background in the weight room.
- The hardest part about wearing both hats for his school.
- Is balancing both jobs sustainable?
- Why Mitch started a blog.
- A rant about social media in the weight room.
45:00 – 59:00: Buy or Sell AND The Fire Round
- Mitch weighs in on a series of topics including crossfit and the Falcons Super Bowl chances.
- We throw Mitch into the fire round to answer questions such as the hotly debated subject of ketchup on hot dogs.