ON THIS EPISODE...
Kevin and Justin share 4 practical habits that you can apply instantly to ensure you dominate 2018. Strong habits are the foundation for success, so creating a few that you can rely on is crucial. These habits will help you eat healthier, move better, manage time more wisely, and stay accountable year-round.
3:00 – 5:00: Healthy Habits
- Why it’s important to build strong habits.
- Creating a foundation of success for any field.
5:00 – 19:00: Meal Prep
- The issue with eating your meals on the fly.
- There are meal prep services all over the country that you can use if you don’t want to cook.
- Find an ideal time to cook.
- Plan ahead for how much food you need for the week before going to the grocery store.
- Keep your meal prep simple- NO RECIPES.
- Justin goes Hollywood on us and drops a promo code.
- Focus on convenient items for meal prep (things you can do easily) such as steamable veggies, and bulk protein sources.
19:00 – 31:00: Keep a Schedule
- Plan your days/weeks in advance.
- Visual reminders of all appointments, meetings, etc. is key.
- Scheduling will help you prioritize time effectively.
- It’s important to even schedule “free” time and minor tasks.
- Plan the following day, the night before- clothes, meals, etc.
- If you wake up every morning and begin to plan your day, you’re already behind.
- Limit the number of decisions you have to make in the morning.
- Decision fatigue is REAL. The more decisions you have to make, the more you drain your willpower.
- Environment trumps willpower. Create a positive and nourishing environment.
31:00 – 45:00: Walking
- Exercise OUTSIDE of the gym is extremely important.
- The benefits of walking include improved recovery, mobility, posture, mental clarity, and much more.
- Walk for 30 minutes per day, everyday. Break that up however you’d like.
- Desk workers should get up and walk multiple times throughout the work day.
- Suggestion- walk for 10 minutes after every meal (helps with digestion).
- High intensity cardio is great, but don’t neglect the benefits of low intensity.
- Something is always better than nothing, especially on days you’re not feeling it.
- If you don’t have time for a full workout, microdose movement throughout the day (walking, mobility, stretching, etc.).
- Daily exercise DOES NOT necessarily offset the negative effects of sitting.
45:00 – 52:00: Critique Yourself
- Hold yourself accountable.
- Bad days happen- but you have to review and learn from them, rather than just sweep them under the rug.
- The Power List (from Andy Frisella)- 5 tasks to do every day. Either you win or you lose.
- Losses should anger you. You should want to win every day.
- Write down your wins and losses and keep track of your record.